Hello everyone, and I am the Baumeister. Today, is something completely different. It’s a reaction…blog. Yes, I know in this modern age, that everything has gone to video form. But, I figure that I can work faster with a more…readable format. So, with that being said, I am going to give my thoughts on:
If you haven’t watched the direct, check out the end of this post if I got it posted there. If not, just search Nintendo Direct 9.4.2019 and it should be there. Now, before we begin. I won’t necessarily be covering everything. Just, some of the major points. I will not please everyone with some of my thoughts and opinions. And that’s ok. Now, presented in bullet format, here we go!
- Overwatch is coming to Switch…and I have to say that I’m not excited. While it looks like a great game…it’s something that I am definitely not interested in. Just not my cup of tea….so to speak. (Game releases October 15, 2019)
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 looks fun. The unique floors mechanics look great and makes me want to dive in. ScreamPark looks fun. (Game releases October 31, 2019)
- Super Kirby Clash‘s jobs kind of remind me of Final Fantasy a little bit. Free-to-Start scares me a little bit. The game also is a same-day launch. I love that about Nintendo’s Directs.
- Trials of Mana looks intriguing, but I haven’t gotten into much of the Mana series. Though, I do like the job mechanics. (Game releases April 24, 2020)
- Return of the Obra Dinn looks like something that could be up my alley. While not necessarily scary, it’s got some gameplay elements that I enjoy, and the time rewinding could be fun. (Game releases in Fall 2019)
- Little Town Hero is a new IP from the Pokemon creators, and I’m invested. And the game’s music was (is?) created by Toby Fox, who many know from Undertale. If they launch a demo, I’ll definitely have to check it out before making my determination on purchase. (Game launches October 16, 2019, with pre-purchase and pre-loading available some point tonight.)
- All the Super Smash Brothers Ultimate news will go here. Banjo-Kazooie drops tonight (9/4/2019), and we get a new character announcement. It’s…some guy I’ve never heard of from a Neo-Geo game. It’s Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury. He’ll get released in November of 2019. They drop info that more characters will be available outside of the Fighter’s Pass DLC characters.
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening looks so stinking adorable. Chamber Dungeon is intriguing. (Game launches September 20th)
- I love Dragon Quest XI, so S makes me excited. Not only that, but all the extras that are getting added are REALLY tempting me in picking it up on the Switch. (Game launches September 27th, but there is a demo out now)
- Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing is Disguise, and it’s prequel Deadly Premonition Origins are intriguing. I’ve watched Twitch streamer Proton Jon play this game, and I’m kind of interested to see just how absurd the rest of the game gets. (Deadly Premonition 2 launches in 2020, while Origins drops today)
- DOOM 64 comes to Switch. I need to get into the DOOM series. (Game drops November 22, 2019)
- Rogue Company is something that I probably won’t be into, but it still looks fun. (Game launches some time in 2020)
- Pokemon Sword and Shield gets some news. Character customization gets all sorts of new options. Pokemon Camp feels like they’ve (possibly) improved on some of the features from Pokemon Amie (I think that’s what that feature is called in X/Y). Wonder if they implement/improve on some features from the Secret Bases in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Curry on Rice is weird, but it reminds me of the Berry Blending feature. As for the new Pokemon: Polteageist is very cute, while Cramorant is odd, but I laughed at it’s ability: Gulp Missile. (Game launches November 15, 2019)
- Ok. This news is huge. SNES Online Library (I’m not going to type out the entire name. That’s just silly). There’s a good amount of games that we got on the SNES Classic, but there’s some like Stunt Race FX, Brawl Brothers, Demon’s Crest, among others that weren’t on there, and I really like that. Adds a different variety. That, and more titles will be added as the months go on is great. Now, I hope they don’t abandon the NES library, and keep adding for both libraries. I’m still waiting for Battleship on the NES dangnabbit. (The SNES library drops tomorrow, September 5, 2019)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is an interesting choice. I think I’ve seen it also for PS4, but I’m still intrigued. (Game launches September 24, 2019).
- They’ve got some interesting games coming to the Switch: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition (which I still need to play); Assassin’s Creed: Rebel Collection; Dauntless (again, online multiplayer not my cup of tea; Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch; Call of Cthulhu; The Outer Worlds; Devil May Cry 2; Vampyr (those last five were a part of a rapid fire game announcement). Out of those five, I’ve only briefly played Wrath of the White Witch and DMC2.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons gets a new little video package with Tom Nook introducing us to the Deserted Island Getaway Package. Animal Crossing is such a cute series, and as more information drops, I seem to get more excited for the game. (Game launches in 2020)
- Last game announcement of the day is Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. It’s a game series, like many others, I haven’t played but looks intriguing. I’m a huge fan of JRPGs, and I’m excited for another one to try. (Game launches in 2020).
- Now, the one thing I don’t remember seeing in the Direct that did get announced (and I may have missed it while typing), is the announcement of new character skins for the Mii characters in Smash Ultmate, including Sans from Undertale. Now, I don’t know if a lot of these characters skins get this treatment, but Sans also comes with a remix. I can only assume that the remix is of Megalavania, his boss fight theme. If so, that is awesome. Megalavania is one of my FAVORITE video games songs of all time. Granted, he is only a Mii skin, but still.
Well, if you watched, what did you think? Something catch your eye? Let me know in the comments below. Until next time, I am the Baumeister, and I have been…obediently yours.