Hello everyone! I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Beth @ Betwixt the Pages. Thank you Penguin!
I know I haven’t been as active around here lately, and that’s because I haven’t been reading as fast as I was. I don’t quite know what caused it. But, I’m hoping that things I’m working on will help get myself going on here again soon. I’m going to blame work for a lot of it. I work a very fair amount, and it’s rather draining especially with opening the sandwich shop in store last week.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you’d like to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them, providing a link to the post you’ve created. (Please make sure you do this step! Otherwise they won’t know you’ve tagged them.)
How I Started
I started blogging quite a while ago, primarily as a pro wrestling information dump. Since then, I transitioned away from that into book blogging, but I’m dabbling back into my roots, working on some projects that nobody else may find fascinating, but it interests me. I’ll still be doing book reviews, but they just won’t be as frequent as they have been.
- Never give up. Whether it’s reading, or trying to produce content, don’t give up on it. Seriously. It may be a time drain, and there might be times that you just don’t have anything, but keep at it. Success doesn’t come from inactivity.
- Hand in hand with #1, do whatever you want! If you want to gush over the recent steamy romance novel that you read, then gush your heart out. If you want to try to wrap your mind around the complex themes in a political thriller, then lay out your thought process. If, you’re like me, and want to release trivial bits of information that only appeals to a certain niche audience, then go for it. Do whatever speaks to you, not what people want you to. You’ll be much happier for it!
I’m not gonna tag anyone (frankly, I don’t know a whole lot of people that are active on here anymore. Me for the fail).
Thanks for reading everyone! I’ll be back with new content soon! Until then, as today is Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving! And, as always, I have been the Baumeister, and I have been, obediently yours.